Monday, February 4

BEYONCE` AND THE MORNING AFTER

I’m gonna just go on and get this shit outta the way…Beyoncé killed the half-time show. Oh yeah, and she can sing. I’m not scared of any of you motherfuckers. Was it the best half-time show of all time? No. But was it dope? Yes. But we’ll get to her relationship to Jesus and the occult later. Hope I remember. Anyway, it’s the Monday after the Super Bowl which for me ended about an hour ago due to the mysterious power outage. Yes, Beyoncé had something to do with that. I know she did! But again, we’ll get to that later. Congratulations to the Baltimore Ravens. While I definitely was pulling for the 49ers, I’m happy for Baltimore and their fans. I do have to question some of the play-calling on the part of loser Harbaugh on the last drive for San Fran, but I don’t get paid millions. Naw, I’m just a squirrel trying to get a nut to move your butt. On to the next one…and all my single ladies!! I was ready for the Internet to either implode or shut down altogether during Beyonce’s performance, but somehow that didn’t happen. And...Oh, motherfucking Alicia Keys went and remixed the national anthem…in front of all them white folks. Not only does she spend 80 percent of every song yelling at us, now she’s lighting women on fire, which I’m fairly sure, is like, not cool, bro. But if there’s one motherfuckin song that’s more sacred to white people than “Dixie” it’s the National Anthem. That’s why so many white folks tend to hate it when Black folks sing it…remembering Marvin Gaye and the rest of the coloreds. We tend to flavor it up. Well she flavored it down with a jazzy version but then hit up a couple extra words and lines in the end. Damn, Alicia. First you decide to work with BlackBerry, now you fucking with white people. Where is the world headed? It’s been an odd week for you. Back to the lecture at hand…while I like Beyonce, I’m not nearly on the level of her fans out there. I don’t think the Super Bowl was a Beyonce concert with a football game surrounding it. But men listen, when she hit the crowd with the “raise your hands towards me and let me feed off your energy…” weee!! I ain’t saying she’s drinking the Kool-Aid, but she’s definitely on the verge of Crystal Light. Oh, and she made Kelly and Michelle her backup singers for a minute or two. I like it. I like it a lot. Then the power goes out. I’m a betting man, and I know that God probably put his chips on Baltimore to cover the spread in Vegas. Why else would he cut the lights after Jacoby Jones records the longest kick-off return in Super Bowl History (well until it was noted that it was only 108 yards and tied with others). He had to make sure that Baltimore was up enough to ultimately win. Of course, it’s possible that Beyonce’s powers of the unreal cut the lights to somehow give San Fran an edge (it didn’t, they’re a tremendous comeback team and should have won in my opinion), but if the Ravens don’t win, then we don’t get Ray Lewis and his Psalms 91 shirt, and then we don’t get him telling us about God more times than the entire winner’s circle at the NAACP Image Awards on Friday night who ceremoniously disrespected Jamie Foxx as he sang the gospel while accepting his award, which I’m pretty sure was for “Most Versatile Performer” or some such fuckery. I ain’t saying that the Image Awards ain’t shit, but that’s awful close to a BET Award show category. And we know about that coonery! Oh, and Red Tails winning movie of the year or whatever it won when 1) it sucked more than, well, anything, and 2) it was in the same category as Django Unchained, and Beasts of the Southern Wild, and 3) nobody even remembered when it came out! Even George “I love Black women” Lucas said he wasn’t expecting to be up there. Luckily nobody who actually knows shit about movies gives that win any credence. I’m rambling. Yes I am. Back to Ray Ray. I know he’s religious and really got religion after conspiring to (helping) kill two dudes, so it’s nothing new. But between him, Beyonce, and God shutting off the lights at the Super Dome, well, there was a lot of Jesus going on around the Super Bowl. I would like to ask Beyonce to give some of her followers the ability to worship Jesus too though. So yes, I just used almost 755 words to get back to this: The Image Awards? Beyoncé? Ray Lewis? It’s the morning after…

No comments:

Post a Comment