Saturday, February 2

DO YOU HAVE TO LOOSE YOUR MIND TO RE-CLAIM YOUR SANITY?

Late last night I was caught by surprise when the television began to play old songs from the fifties and sixties that I grew up listening to. It was one of those Time/Life paid commercials that lasts for about thirty minutes, but lure you into buying a set of Compact Discs that seems to be a good deal, and it actually is. Now anyone who truly knows me, knows that I don’t give my conscious and subconscious mind to the television at all ,and when I do, I filter everything that I observe on it, and keep my viewings limited to CNN/MSNBC/FOX News because I will never submit myself to being “dumbed down.” And I only watch FOX because I like to keep up with the enemy within! But because this was music that I could trust, it was already embedded in the deepest recesses of my mind from my childhood, I was happy to take a trip down memory lane as they played lil pieces of the many songs that they had to offer. The songs came at me fast and began to stir up the long forgotten but ever present memories that had settled behind the present events of my life, like that huge spoon that I can remember my Mother used to give us Father Johns and Castor Oil! Ugg, damn, I can taste it now! As the thoughts developed once again for me to enjoy as the music played, I couldn’t help but think of how the world that we currently live in is so much different from those golden times that brought us those warm feelings as we lived them. I came to the conclusion right then and there that there will never be another time like that for the rest of my life unless something very drastic changes. While looking back on my younger years (I ain’t that old yet, but I have enough years under my belt to be able to speak about them and the precious lessons learned in hindsight!) and believe me when I tell you, excitement was always my constant companion and it had a way of finding me even when I tried to hide from it. But those days I had good clean fun. Sure, I had a few fistfights, but you shook hands and nursed your bloody nose and busted lip and found a way to become friends after your differences were settled. There were no shootouts or deaths, and being arrested was out of the question. It was a different time than it is now, this is why for me to arrive home to a quiet apartment, and the only sound that I can hear is the gentle humming of my old desk-top is more exciting than those crazy parties that I used to throw and more satisfying than the even more outlandish things that I did at them! But such is maturity and I do thank God that I made it to 57 ¾ years at the time of this writing (Well almost!) and it makes me think why most people ( including me) aren’t operating and functioning properly in the world the way it is today. This music commercial had me feeling so, so good, but at the same time wishing that that world was still around. I wondered, just as I’m reminiscing on the wholesome golden times of my childhood by these songs that were passionate, emotional and family friendly clean, what will the present generation look back on as they hit middle age and beyond, and when they do look back, will they realize that they have been literally robbed by the mindset that they were coerced to adopt? Will they realize that for most of their formative years and beyond, that they have lost their minds? Some of us who should know better (including me), have continued on with our destructive indulgences long beyond the point of being able to cry ignorance because we just downright love and have committed to living such a filthy life and refusing to adopt the new mindset that will have us ascend to that next level. In order to gain anything in this life, you have to be willing to part with something. The reason why many of us never make it to that next desired level in our lives is because we want to bring everything in our current reality with us to our new one. That is so foolish but it is something that I constantly execute and never realize why I will reach my new level of existence or damage that place by tainting it with the things that should have been left in the past. Whew! But we can be stubborn folks indeed, so for those who of you who are a bit more humble in their demeanor and are willing to embrace all that they’ve hoped for, know that you must lose your mind in order to gain your sanity. But wait. Does that even make sense? Sure it does! In this so called modern world, we have lost our unique identities, we do not feel that we’re good enough to be our original selves so we have exchanged and forfeited our original selves for the cookie cutter lives that we strive to live. Through the constant bombardment on our good senses via the internet, print, and television, attacks on our minds have softened us up to accept anything that is given to us in our altered mental state. We go through life not looking dead on and focused on our particular path, but we’re moving forward, but looking sideways to see what others are doing and setting ourselves up for a sure disaster because we are not 100% focused on our real affairs. Damn, did I say that? Life, to many of us (including me) is like drinking that cup of Seven Up that was left out a lil bit too long with melted ice ensuring that twangy taste is watered down and the sparkle gone! It may appear to be the drink that we craved, but upon a closer inspection it is nothing like what we’ve come to expect. We copy each other in style, fashion, likes and dislikes and wonder why we feel like we’re going insane from a life that does nothing for us. Our year old car is now not good enough because our next door neighbor has a newer one that is more expensive. We stopped talking to our good friends because they have moved on to live in a community with a higher tax bracket. We lust after our friends spouse and neglect the one we have at home, lying to ourselves in saying that we simply “lost it.” Damn! We are the reasons why we make our lives so shallow and paper thin! It’s like making love and not feeling a damn thing, or taking a bite of your favorite food and having it taste like chalk. Sure, it’s enough to make a motherfucker crazy because after all of the hype, to possess the mind of this imposter in your head will give you absolutely no choice but to give that person a false happiness that has no flavor. We have more technology, more gadgets than we could have imagined! Remember way back when we all wanted a watch that worked like Dick Tracey’s or a communicator like Captain Kirk’s on Star Trek. We have so much, yet we’re losing our minds reluctantly in record numbers because it is nature’s attempt to bring us back into a divine balance and true sanity! If we continue to consume these genetically engineered foods and flood our internal organs with medications to boost our abilities to do for our bodies artificially what should be done for itself, we will feel no joy in our daily lives because of this. After a hard day’s work, and not being able to easily sleep, or after an ample and stimulating view of beautiful titties, you get no erection? What gives? We have pushed our minds, bodies and souls as far as they can go, and in order for us to continue to have a shot at a normal and totally fulfilling life, we have got to lose our collective minds. Doesn’t this make complete sense? We’re seeing the regular mass shootings of innocent lives from those who are socially isolated and disconnected from that universal sense of being included which is part of our divine D.N.A. Children and young teenagers walk the earth with an anger that was once reserved for old folks who were disgruntled with a life filled with poor choices and realize that more exists ahead. Why are our youth, with so much time in front of them seeming to be burdened with the stresses and dysfunctions of a lifetime? It wasn’t like that just a short time ago when I was growing up, so where did this come from and why don’t more people notice it? Teachers who were just as influential as, and sometimes closer to their students than the parents, are now crossing the line and actually having sex with the youngsters whose safety and well-being they have been entrusted with. Police are more corrupt than ever, and have taken center stage over the good ones who are hard to be found when it is time to break that blue wall of silence. Sex scandal after sex scandal peppers the psyche of humankind and is appearing in every area of endeavor populated by humankind including the church, so what gives? Our work ethic has diminished, and the biggest concern for an ever growing majority of workers is to do less and pass the time until it’s time to clock out. The pride of doing a great job has literally disappeared and the joy we used to possess in showing up to our jobs to do our absolute best has all but become a distant memory. We go to work with the mentality of one who is going to war…..Kill or be killed. Morale doesn’t exist anymore and it’s just a matter of time before the next school shooting that will dominate our news channels and social media networks once again. We have got to lose this type of mindset in order to make room for sanity to return! We have been co-opted and we don’t even realize it. We have had our very lives “baited and switched” right from under us and we think that it will be alright and all will go well. No one seems to want to give of themselves anymore and most prowl this world as though they’re in a market where things can be bargained down. Everyone seems to want “the hook up” or some inside deal that no one else has access to. But with the mentality of always seeking to get over, we will never get that deal that we feel is so elusive to us. If we would only lose this current carnal way of thinking, we could then regain our sanity. So as you can see, losing your mind can be a great thing when it is exchanged for the intended sanity that we seem to lack now. To keep thinking the way that we do will only manifest the later stages of a degradation that has already surpassed anything that was written in scripture and will incur a harsher wrath more so than anything that has ever been witnessed. Lose your present mind to gain your sanity. I think I’ve said enough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment